The Working Holiday Visa (Temporary) (Class TZ) (Subclass 417) is for young people from prescribed countries who wish to stay in Australia for a working holiday.
Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 417)
- If you are applying for your first subclass 417 visa, you must be outside Australia to lodge a valid visa application.
- If you are applying for your second or third subclass 417 visa, you may be in or outside Australia to lodge a valid visa application.
- This visa allows you to work in Australia, but you cannot be employed by the same employer for more than 6 moths.
- This visa allows you to stay in Australia for up to 12 months.
Key Eligibility requirements
- You must be a citizen of a particular country and be of a specific age. Eligible passports and age requirements are prescribed by legislative instrument, read the complete list here.
- You must be able to demonstrate that you have access to sufficient funds to cover the cost of your stay in Australia.
- You must be a genuine visitor whose principal purpose is to spend a holiday in Australia.
- You must not be accompanied by dependent children during your stay in Australia.
- If you are applying for your second or third Subclass 417 visa, you must satisfy the prescribed periods of “specified work in regional Australia”.
- You must satisfy certain Public Interest criteria and Special Return criteria.
- You must meet health and character requirements.
While due care has been taken to ensure that the content is kept up-to-date and correct, the currency and thus accuracy of the information cannot be guarantee due to the frequent changes in migration law.
Other Related Visas
Need immigration assistance? No problem.
We can help you achieve your migration goals.
We are Registered Migration Agents providing honest and transparent advice in relation to Australia's visa program.
It is a search engine based on the ANZSCO catalogue that combines all federal and State/Territory skilled occupation lists in one single place.
We also provide useful information for Australia's visa program.
Anzscosearch data draws on information directly provided by third-party official websites and is thus as accurate as of the information on those websites.
Anzscosearch validation and verification processes ensure that all data published is as complete, accurate and reliable as possible.
We have been doing this since 2014.